п»їIntroduction to Art: Final Exam Research Guide
1 . The decorative top of your column. Capitals
2 . The middle section of the horizontal entablature in ancient greek language order. Frieze
3. The square areas between the triglyphs in the frieze area of the entablature. Metope
5. Ionic columns have capitals with a browse like design called volutes.
6. Attractive vertical or perhaps raised lines on a line are called? flutes
7. The elements of a great order are- column with capitals, and the entablature write of epistyle frieze and cornic.
almost eight. Half-round decorative columns these are known as? engaged columns.
9. When ever half-round content are compressed the are? Pilasters
twelve. The Kritian Boy is the first sort of art to work with. Contrapposto or perhaps counterpositioning.
11. An purchase gives artistic definition and decoration for the post and lintel program.
12. Precisely what are the three Classical orders? Doric, Ionic, and Corinthian
13. Most Ancient greek language male statistics are nude or clothed? nude
18. Female numbers during the Gothic period had been nude or clothed/dressed? dressed
15. In the red figure design the details of vases are applied in what manner? naturalistically
16. Kouros means. junior
17. It is used to engrave lines through the fall of the unfired vase. ciseau
18. Red determine style of classic vase painting was introduced who? By a student of exekias known as the andokides
19. Greek vase piece of art is represented in these two styles. Dark figure and red figure style.
20. Who authorized the flower vase " Achilles and Ajax playing DraughtвЂќ? Euxitheos and Euphronios.
twenty one. The blend of clay and water that may be painted for the vase just before firing. fall
22. The black number Style idealized representations, desired to associate the perfection of fine art with harmonies of natural order.
twenty-three. The Traditional used what method to players the bronze figure of Zeus? Lost-wax methods
twenty four. In the 7th C. BCE the Ancient greek artist began to do this to their artwork. naturalism
25. The Greeks are different from the Eygptians in describing their gods in what way? The right athletic individual form.
26. Who was the widely used god of drama. Dionysus
27. In Greek artwork the origins are represented is what style? Nude pics
28. In the pantheon of Greek goodness he is consider the leader among gods. Zues
29. Tower mean. Maximum city
40. Greece's central city is known as and focused on what the almighty? Athens and dedicated to Athena.
31. The Greeks a new love of what? Intelligence and beautification especially with the human body.
32. During the classical period the Greeks began to produce life size radical sculptures and constructed marble temples.
thirty-three. What contest commemorates the bravery of your courier during the Perisan attack. Twenty six mile marathon race
thirty four. After the Persian invasion this leader began to rebuild Greece's temples. Pericles
35. A geometric style classic vase is characterized by. several horizontally bands and geometric explications
36. Dipyplon vases had been used for what purpose? Grave markers
37. The female version of the Kouros figure is the kore
38. The almost holy hill over Athens which will contains the historical Athenians' Wats or temples is. Hold
39. Who had been the Both roman Emperor that converted to Christianity? Constantine the truly amazing
40. What Roman structure had an church that was dedicated to " gods yet to be discoveredвЂќ. Pantheon
41. " The Altar of PeaceвЂќ was built to memorialize what? The Pax Romana (roman preace)
42. The arena floors of the amphitheater was designed with forest and large stones
43. " The Pont du GardвЂќ is comprised of rows of short barrel, or tunnel vaults and is a good example of these Both roman invention these kinds of as_basilica ulpia
44. " The Column of TrajanвЂќ is just as tall as what? The peak of the mountain that stood at this site.
forty-five. The art of the Roman Republic was highly influenced by simply both _etruscans and ancient greek art.
46. The word " amphitheaterвЂќ means around movie theater
47. The Arch of Titus commemorates Titius' cure...